Welcome to the 4Parishes Website
Our Rector retired at the end of September 2014 and the vacancy is now advertised on the diocesan web site. Potential applicants will receive a '4Parish profile' - this document gives an overview of each parish together with a person specification agreed jointly by the PCC's and the Archdeacon. It may be viewed by clicking here.
During this vacancy please call one of the following numbers according to your need:
- For baptism (‘Christening’), wedding, funeral and churchyard monument enquiries please contact the Reverend Canon Fred Kilner (our Rural Dean) on 01487 842 864.
- For other church matters please contact a churchwarden:
- For Warboys Mrs Maureen Dean, 01487 822 391,
- For Broughton Mr John Ray, 01487 822 341,
- For Bury Mrs Sue Rej, 01487 711 368,
- For Wistow Mrs Lynda Harding, 01487 822 747.
This 4Parish benefice is in St. Ives Deanery in the Diocese of Ely. The two pairs of parishes were joined together at the last deanery pastoral reorganisation some years ago. Notwithstanding, in this document the parishes have been listed in order of size.
Each parish has its own personality, has a church building and manages its own affairs through its Parochial Church Council. Three of the parishes have services with ‘Fresh Expressions’ style outreach.
Worship takes place in each parish each Sunday, except on fifth Sundays in the month when a joint benefice service is held in one of the four churches in turn. We also join together for special services such as Pentecost.
Licensed Lay Ministers and Authorised Lay Ministers, together with others, share their particular gifts within the benefice.